Conditional Post-Build step in Jenkins (Ideally without plugins)
If I understand correctly I can make a build step conditional using this plugin: https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Conditional+BuildStep+Plugin
First does this plugin work the Post-Build steps?
Second is there a way to make Post-Build steps conditional without a plugin?
- Run build of Machine A from Machine B using Jenkins
- Django Jenkins raises WebDriverException when processed to Selenium server
- Jenkins can't connect to window server - not enough permissions
- Firefox crash when I run selenium unit test
- Webdriver Unable to connect to host 127.0.0.1 on port 7055 after 45000 ms
- Unable to start browser from Jenkins CI
The scenario I have is I am supporting both WebDriver and Selenium IDE tests with one universal Jenkins Job setup. If they have checked in either type of test it runs them. I then want it to conditionally look if any results files show up and if so then do the publish results Post-Build step, otherwise skip that step.
Currently if no results show up it simply marks the build as a failure since no test results were found.
Any suggestions would help!
One Solution collect form web for “Conditional Post-Build step in Jenkins (Ideally without plugins)”
You can make any Build step execute as Post-build step.
- Install Flexible Publish plugin
- Install Any Build Step plugin
- Under Configure System, look for “Flexible publish”, and choose
Any build stepfrom drop-down.
The configure Job.
- In your Job configuration, add Post-build action called “Flexible Publish”.
- Select condition.
- Select action.