Xcode/git not working with subfolders
I have git set up with my Xcode project. I’m trying to add a subfolder (e.g. My Project Dir/Resources) and track changes. However, after I drag the subfolder into Xcode, it’s not being change tracked. Why?
- Ignore missing files in copy bundle resource XCode 8
- Upgraded to xcode 4.6 - Local Git not available anymore
- Git not tracking a file from a folder - contents.json from .xcassets
- How to revert/recover .m file to a previous version? (autosaved blank by mistake and xcode crashed - no Source Control, no Time Machine)
- Should *.xccheckout files in Xcode5 be ignored under VCS?
- Getting an API set up from GitHub
One Solution collect form web for “Xcode/git not working with subfolders”
Drag the folder to Xcode. Make sure it is either in the right place or that you also copy it.
Select the files in the project browser and choose “File->Source Control->Add”. Alternatively, hit altcmdA.
Alternatively, go to your directory in Terminal and type
git add NewFolder