Xcode project syncing over cloud service
I’m developing an iOS app on two different Macs. I have a local git repo setup in xcode. Every time I switch Macs, I download the most recent xcode project folder from my backup cloud service, SugarSync. SugarSync automatically uploads any changes I make to the project to the cloud.
Is this unstable, or just simply a bad practice? Is there a better way to build a project on multiple computers for only one developer?
- How to develop a universal framework in Xcode 6 using Git source control
- Adding Git Repository to XCode project after creation
- Xcode error message “The remote repository rejected commits” when pushing to Github
- iOS Library or DIY Etsy like category control?
- XCode Source Control History not showing files
- How do I configure Git in Xcode to work with BitBucket
One Solution collect form web for “Xcode project syncing over cloud service”
I would suggest using github for something like this. You could push from one machine and pull from the other would would accomplish the same thing you are doing now.
BUT doing what you are doing now should still work, I’ve done the same with Dropbox in the past.