Why am I having conflicts during rebase when I am the only developer on my Github project?
I am new to Git and tried Github to learn the new source control system and I am wondering why am I having conflicts after a rebase or even a merge when I am the only one contributing to it. Since I am the only dev, shouldn’t my version of the source always be in ‘sync’ (no conflicts) with the one in Github?
Can you please explain to me what is causing the conflicts and if I can do something about it?
- Alternative to re-basing for code review?
- Rebase all the branches (both children and grandchilden) from their ancestor
- Git: How to properly merge two functional and quite different branches?
- git submodule conflicts during rebase causes commit to disappear
- Why git rebase shows conflicts in the files I did not modify?
- Can git figure out that the branch to be merged has obsolete changes?
I am using egit in eclipse and my workflow is basically this.
edit => commit => rebase => push
P.S. I am only coding on one computer.