What is the origin of the name 'dcommit' in git svn dcommit?
dcommit stand for Distributed Commit? Something else?
- GIT vs SVN : How is it different in terms of commit (in GIT) and just save the changes locally in the file (in SVN)
- Recover from Git-Svn clone without --stdlayout
- No longer track branches with git-svn
- How to repair git-svn history when the commit message of a svn commit changes?
- Git svn clone pulls bad repository
- git svn fetch with jgit
One Solution collect form web for “What is the origin of the name 'dcommit' in git svn dcommit?”
According to this link, it stands for
Delta Commit. More specifically:
- The command to use is git svn
dcommit. The d stands for delta
(there used to be a git svn commit
command that has since been renamed
to git svn set-tree because its
behaviour was considered a little
‘surprising’ for first-time users).