What is a changelist in IntelliJ IDEA?
What is a changelist in IntelliJ IDEA? Is it similar to a commit? When adding one, I have the following options:
- Name (text field)
- Comment (text field)
- Make this changelist active (checkbox)
- Track context (checkbox)
- VSC -> Git -> Annotate button is disabled
- Using vim as an external tool in intellij idea
- Configure the git commit used for Change Markers
- How did I end up with a detached HEAD?
- IntelliJ IDEA Git graph
- IntelliJ share code formatting settings in git repository
One Solution collect form web for “What is a changelist in IntelliJ IDEA?”
Changelists, when used with Git, is a way to split your index (i.e. the files you have added to git) into logical filesets. See Using Git Locally with IntelliJ IDEA
Those changelists can represent whatever you want (a task, a fix, a merge etc), but they are not git commits.
You can commit one or several changelists.
When you add a file to the Git Index, IntelliJ IDEA adds your file to the default changelist, named… “default”.