What does git sync do in VSCode
What commands are actually run when you Synchronise Changes in Visual Studio Code?
- Setting custom git diff command (--word-diff) in Visual Studio Code
- Clone GitHub repository in VSCode
- Tag commit in VSCode
- Visual Studio Code / Git : created branch can not be pushed
- VSCode Git commands and tracking changes
- Problems using GIT w/ SSH key file under Windows
One Solution collect form web for “What does git sync do in VSCode”
From the VSCode online help:
Given that your repository is connected to some remote and that your checked out branch has an upstream link to a branch in that remote, VS Code offers you useful actions to push, pull and sync that branch (the latter will run a pull command followed by a push command).
It appears that if you run synchronize changes on a given branch, it will do the following:
git pull origin someBranch git push origin someBranch