Visual Studio 2015 and Git/TFS: Sync-Page-Error: Object not found – no matching loose object
I work with
VS 2015 Enterprise on a branch of a git-repository that is pulled from my remote origin (
= TFS 2015).
I can change and commit something successfully. In the moment I go to the
Sync-area in the
Team Explorer I see an error on top:
An error occurred. Detailed message: Object not found - no matching loose object (<a 40-character-id is here>)
…and I don´t see my local commit in the list “Outgoing Commits” where I expected it to be.
- TFS connection user versus username
- TFS2015: How to set two different build definiton to use the same local repository (git)?
- Why is the “Create Pull Request” menu item in Visual Studio 2015 always disabled?
- No data written: Not enough storage - Git on TFS 2015
- Linux users get 401 when pushing to git repo after update from TFS 2015.2.1 to TFS2017
- Change TFS 2015 commit time zone
But within the PowerShell I can execute “
git push” without problems.
2 Solutions collect form web for “Visual Studio 2015 and Git/TFS: Sync-Page-Error: Object not found – no matching loose object”
I saw this message in VS 2015 professional when trying to switch back from a feature branch to the master branch. restarting VS fixed it.
If you reproduce this issue on another client machine by pulling the same git-repository from TFS, you may need to have a new branch from the original.
If you have the same issue pull another git-repository from TFS on the same client machine, you may try to clean the cache file on your client machine:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Team Foundation\6.0\Cache, and try resetting settings and add-in settings (
devenv /ResetSettings) and (
devenv /ResetSkipPkgs), try rebuilding all templates (