Using Source Tree, rebase with conflict, rebase doesn't work after conflict resovled
I’m using SourceTree as my git tool on Windows.
I have a main branch and a feature branch and I can’t get SourceTree to perform a rebase when I have a conflict.
- Git: how to amend an old merge (in a series of merges)?
- Performing git rebase interactive from Java code
- Git: How to rebase many branches (with the same base commit) at once?
- How can I rebase as one commit using Git
- How to use bfg-repo-cleaner after Git rebase on non-bare repo?
- Undo a git rebase using onto
main looks like:
c1 -> c2 -> c4 -> c5
feature looks like:
c1-> c2 -> c3
I want to rebase feature so it will be:
c1 -> c2-> c4-> c5-> c3
There is a conflict between c3 and c5. I can resolve the conflict, but when I commit the changes I get a HEAD tag and looking at my graph I can see that feature branch wasn’t rebased.
How can I get the rebase to work?
One Solution collect form web for “Using Source Tree, rebase with conflict, rebase doesn't work after conflict resovled”
Unfortunately the UX path for the resolving conflicts during a rebase is quite poor in atlassian-sourcetree.
After you have resolved the conflict and have all of your changes in the staging area, instead of clicking commit, go to Actions-> Continue Rebase: