Using patch files with TFS (patch file is from subversion, git, etc)
Can patch files be read by TFS or visual studio? I’d like to either create a shelveset or apply the patch to a workspace in TFS.
- How to resolve discrepancies found by Git-TFS verify
- Migrating a TFS repository to git
- Is it possible to see if a forced push was done on a git enabled tfs repository?
- Require Git TFS pushes to link to work item
- Git and Team Foundation Server
- GIT output shown as error in team build 2013
2 Solutions collect form web for “Using patch files with TFS (patch file is from subversion, git, etc)”
According to this question:
- You can create unified diff patch files with:
tf diff /format:unified [/shelveset:] >filename.diff
tf.exe being usually here
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE (See tf Command-Line Utility Tool in Team Foundation Server).
- You cannot import/use a patch file in TFS.
I created a feature request here: