Using hg-git, TortoiseHg and github over https gives 401
I’m using hg-git with TortoiseHg to try to push my existing repository to GitHub. I’m authenticating with HTTPS, rather than SSH. I added my username and password to TortoiseHg just like for BitBucket.
But TortoiseHg says that the remove server gives 401.
- Mercurial: Getting changed files from revision?
- How to pull or push a project using TortoiseHg to GitHub repository?
- Mercurial: Windows client for remote development
- Using TortoiseHg to push to an authenticated git repository
- TortoiseHG and TortoiseSVN play well together?
- How to download code using TortoiseHg (Mercurial)
All the examples I could find for authenticating with hg-git use SSH rather than HTTPS.
How can I convince TortoiseHg to cough up my username and password to GitHub?
One Solution collect form web for “Using hg-git, TortoiseHg and github over https gives 401”
Turns out that a different combination of Google keywords reveals that this is a bug in some library which was fixed a few months ago so updating TortoiseHg solved the problem.