Treating 'master' and 'refs/heads/master' as the same branch in TeamCity
Whenever the github service hook launches a build, it is on the branch
- TeamCity - Using Git Tag as Build Number
- Why did my TeamCity build stop working?
- GIT VCS not updating sources after Teamcity upgrade
- TeamCity build dependencies and choosing the correct branch
- Teamcity not uploading green builds
- TeamCity getting stuck at “Updating sources” on one Git repo
Whenever TeamCity launches a build (e.g. when I start a build, or a dependency building triggers a build) the branch is
This causes two build numbers to be shown on the same page, the last build for
master and the last build for
Is there a way to make TeamCity triggered builds build
master instead of
Or is there a way to get
refs/heads/master to be treated as the same branch, not as different ones?
One Solution collect form web for “Treating 'master' and 'refs/heads/master' as the same branch in TeamCity”
I think I found a solution to this, though it isn’t ideal because I had to delete all passed builds.
I had to first copy the projects and delete the old ones to get rid of all builds that had been run.
Then I configured the default branch to be
master. And I set the other branch specifications to:
Also, I updated the VSC trigger to listen on
+:master instead of
Then I tested by manually triggering a build, and having github test hook trigger a build. It seem to have worked, they are both grouped under