Switching branches in Visual Studio 2015
I’m used to working with VS+Git.
With the GIT plugin, given a project, you can seamlessly change between branches of your code just by clicking the bottom-right dropdown and voila!
I’m looking for a similar way to do this with TFS! I don’t mind re-downloading everything, I just want to know a fast way to change between branches. I find it hard to believe that I really have to close the solution and open another every time?
- how can i push my existing project in visual studio 2015 to TFS
- Visual Studio 2015 Community: Commit to github via command line produces inaccessible file…?
- Git hooks in Visual Studio?
- Why does CodeLens always show “0 authors, 0 changes”?
- Git SubModule Visual Studio
- How to disable TFS signin popup when using git command lines?
One Solution collect form web for “Switching branches in Visual Studio 2015”
I suspect you mean with TFVC, as Git repo’s hosted in TFS will give you teh same fast branch switching.
The fast branch switching is one of the key concepts in Git, unfortunately, it’s not one of the key concepts of TFVC and there is no easy fast branch switching when using TFVC.