svn repository is showing very large size
One of my office developer uploaded videos to svn repository.Few days later he removed those videos but svn repository still showing very large sige.How could i decrease svn repository size.
- Importing local file dir into SVN repo with TortoiseSVN
- Slow switch in subversion
- How to have TortoiseSVN always freeze svn:externals for tags
- TortoiseSVN through a proxy script
- SVN Mergeinfo properties on paths other than the working copy root
- I cannot commit changes after merge in SVN
3 Solutions collect form web for “svn repository is showing very large size”
Your question is answered in Apache Subversion FAQ:
“How do I completely remove a file from the repository’s history?”
Apache Subversion (and other version control systems) is designed to keep all the history. Removing files from repo history is commonly considered as a complicated task and not really a good thing. That’s not the task which you can easily accomplish.
SVN keeps revisions if you delete them. See http://www.svnforum.org/threads/35631-permanently-delete-file to delete the files permanently.
Just in case someone browses this topic several years later: a file or directory can be removed from subversion – you make dump, you filter dump, you restore filtered dump. For more details see https://stackoverflow.com/a/6025750/1727132