sh.exe”: /bin/git bad file number when git -version
Just installed git and when I run the git bash and enter git -version I get this error:
sh.exe": /bin/git: bad file number.
During the installation I had one error but the installation proceeded :”unable to configure the line ending conversion core.autocrif true.” Git GUI isn’t launching and I get the error : “Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.” Trying to run as admin doesn’t change it.
- Vagrant w/ windows as host, files don´t run on vm due to crlf
- Permission denied (publickey). fatal: Could not read from remote repository
- How to set Araxis as diff / merge tool for MSYS git?
- How do I setup git on Windows?
- Console closes in fresh install of Git Bash
- How to set the correct local time zone in git bash?
One Solution collect form web for “sh.exe”: /bin/git bad file number when git -version”
I run into this problem occasionally (including about 5 minutes ago) and I “solve” it by re-installing the Git client.