Run batch command in jenkins
I’d like to run a very simple job which will start my firefox. (for example)
- Git bash keeps auto scrolling to the bottom of the window
- ssh authenticated git access at windows command prompt?
- How to use gitk with msys2?
- Can I make Subversion + TortoiseSVN case-insensitive for Windows?
- Git for windows paging
- vimrc settings not working on git bash running in ConsoleZ
I configured a free style project and set up the “Execute windows batch command” option.
Here i have tried to insert couple of command which they all failed.
Commands like “echo hello” or other native command working as expected.
But command like “explorer ” – should open the mentioned directory, or “c:\firefox.lnk” (should open firefox) are not working.
The jenkins seems to be running but after while the job fails with an error.
How can i run these actions?
One Solution collect form web for “Run batch command in jenkins”
This might be a path issue, check if the System user has ‘explorer’ in its path. (see http://antagonisticpleiotropy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/running-jenkins-in-windows-with-regular.html)
Additionally: Windows 7 does not allow service processes to create a UI. See this other stackoverflow question: Service starting a process wont show GUI C#