Retrieve git information from within an application
I am developing an application for issue tracking and I want to do the following:
- User provides the git base url to an activity (that has issues) like this:
- Each time an issue page is shown, there will be a link that will show the commits made to the repository with a message containing the issue key.
In my development env I have it working because I execute something like:
- Managing GIT and Perforce simultaneously
- How can I convert all line endings to CRLF, LF, or CR during SVN operations
- Have I been pushing my Git dev branches to master all this time?
- How to do “hg backout X” in Git?
- Github file class
- Create a git repository that contains another git repository
git --git-dir /git/repository/path log --all --grep=foo
but this will not be the case when I deploy it to production.
I want to execute the command above but with a path that is not in the server the application is hosted.
One Solution collect form web for “Retrieve git information from within an application”
Currently, I got it working with a cloning of the repo to the server.
You can see the functionality here: http://actibities-uniongr.rhcloud.com/pages/feature-log