Rename the git-subtree squashed commit
I’m trying to add a subtree to my project. And it works just as it should. But the remote I am pushing to has a pre-receive hook that validates if a commit has a JIRA number in front of it. This is unfortunate because when subtree squashes the history, it removes the previous messages and leaves a generic “Squashed ‘prefix’ content from…” message.
Alas, though I’d like to simply remove this asinine hook, I have to somehow work around it. Here’s what my tree looks like:
- git subtree push changes back to subtree project
- Push changes from git subtree to a branch for a pull request
- git subtree tag browsing
- Make branches of git-subtrees that don't contain gitignore files
- Is git svn compatible with git subtree?
- How can I add a specific folder when using git subtree?
* 90285a0edac Merge commit '4c2e69861591fada9f5c752857ec871f84adf145' as 'prefix' |\ | * 4c2e6986159 Squashed 'prefix/' content from commit 4ffbd12 * 34f9e457b68 JIRA-1234: Add some feature
The subtree works as expected, but I need to rename commit 4c2e6986… to include a JIRA number in front of it to circumvent a hook on the remote.
I am able to easily rename the Merge commit using
rebase -i -p, but I’m unsure how to rename the Squash commit.