Reading git diff output
From what I understand so far the below is saying there is a difference between the working directory and the index in relation to file01 and then file02. Could someboby explain in english how you read this part of the output –>
@@ -1,4 +1 @@
- Trying to push same branch after it was merged remotely
- Permission denied when cloning git repository
- GIT: Not showing files I have push to the repository
- git move is taking files as new
- Git shows “Everything up to date”, but I can see gem files updated in my local, not updated in git
- How to change a github repo's directory to somewhere else?
Thanks for your help
diff --git a/file01 b/file01 index cc17fa4..d0a432b 100644 --- a/file01 +++ b/file01 @@ -1,4 +1 @@ -datafiles -file01 -file02 -file03 +This is a change diff --git a/file02 b/file02 index e69de29..552c22e 100644 --- a/file02 +++ b/file02 @@ -0,0 +1 @@ +and this is another change
One Solution collect form web for “Reading git diff output”
@@ -1,4 +1 @@ means:
-1,4: here are 4 lines from the original starting from line 1.
+1 and here is 1 line from the new version.