RA layer request failed? what git-svn did to the repo?
a bit similar with this "RA layer request failed: REPORT request failed" during git-svn, but i am not using git-svn in cygwin
- if i want to add CSS where would i paste it?
- Version control for large binary files and >1TB repositories?
- Migrating from Googlecode to Github with full revision history
- How can I branch in SVN and have it branch my svn:external folders as well?
- What do “branch”, “tag” and “trunk” mean in Subversion repositories?
- migrate svn to subdirectory of git
the error message is as follows:
RA layer request failed: Server sent unexpected return value (403 Forbidden) in response to REPORT request for '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default' at /usr/libexec/git-core/git-svn line 5669
it’s 403 error:(
There is no directory named !svn in fact (by clicking http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/!svn you may know this directory does not exists, so how did git-svn generate such a absurd directory name),
so why git-svn want to find this directory?
The behavior of git-svn is confusing:( what it want to do to svn repo?
and why there is 403 error?
how to avoid this?
One Solution collect form web for “RA layer request failed? what git-svn did to the repo?”
As I know, apache.org just bans people using git-svn for their large repository (usually in the middle of such clone). “!svn” is from DAV protocol implementation on that server. To avoid you can try to find any mirror for that location. If there’s not any mirror, you can try to clone not the whole history but starting from some revision in order not fetch too many revisions (-r option).