Putting a modified submodule in your repository on Github
I am working on an assignment for a class where my professor has created a fork of MIT’s xv6 OS and I need to work with a partner on the assignment through github. So I set up a private repository to do it and I put the xv6 I was working on inside of a parent folder. Now I added the submodule to .gitmodules and the only problem is I don’t know how to set up the submodule in .gitmodules in order to get my local xv6 rather than my instructors fork so my partner can see what I am doing.
- Initialize a Select Submodule in git rather then all of them
- Pushing local repo to remote does not push submodule files using GIT
- is it possible not to have extra subdirectory when using Git - submodule - sparse-checkout?
- How to rebase a `filter-branch` from a subproject on my main repository's subtree?
- GIT, Private Submodules, and PHPFog
- Git submodule absolute worktree path config