pushing to github from work “Bad file number” error
D:\rails_tutorial_projects\first_app>git push --verbose Pushing to firstname.lastname@example.org:Monomachus/DemoRubyApp.git ssh: connect to host github.com port 22: Bad file number fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
I read about Smart HTTP Support https://github.com/blog/642-smart-http-support
But it seems that it doesn’t work too. I make clone and all that stuff without problems but when I try to push changes back to github this is where the same problems came in.
My msysgit version is git version 18.104.22.168.msysgit.0
- How to prevent `git checkout` from checking out specific file types?
- Display changes with Git to zip's
- how do i get git to show command-line help in windows?
- Can't push to git bare repository on windows
- msysgit vim cursorline is dark on my light background. how to set it to light or off
- Authentication error when pushing to remote Git repo with TortoiseGit
Please help me with this awkward situation.
One Solution collect form web for “pushing to github from work “Bad file number” error”
This error is also caused by attempting to push/clone etc. through a proxy server. Since you mentioned you are at a business, do they use a proxy server there?
The error is git literally saying, “hey, the file isn’t there”, because it can’t get through the proxy server.