Pushing git repo (with submodules) to google app engine
I have a project structure based on Laravel, versioned in Git, with various Git submodules (implemented using Composer) that I’d like to deploy/push to Google App Engine via Git. I’ve searched the internet for days and have tried countless tricks with recursive submodule init/updates, etc, but however I’m not having any luck.
Submodules are stuck as “references” but don’t push remotely.
- Handling one CI code base for development and production sites
- git rev-parse --short HEAD doesn't get latest commit
- Merge two reformatted PHP files with GIT
- How to update add/replace an entire database using Doctrine or Mysql
- Sync between laptop and PC for eclipse projects
- git add causes corrupt index error
Is this honestly not possible?
I’m aware of previous posts / questions (circa 2012) that mention you can’t deploy submodules to Google App Engine, but I was wondering if that hasn’t changed or if someone hasn’t figured out a workaround?