Project management with Git integration
I’ve looked around for a project management system, I’ve tried to use this one but it lacks some features I want and doesn’t really seem to be under any sort of active development.
I only need a few features:
- Basic project/task management
- Very good git integration (when I pull/push my repo I want the management files to go too)
- Vim integration (or at least use the editor I have set a la ‘export EDITOR=/usr/bin/vim’
- A note taking system (for meetings ideally)
- Command line interface, there can be other interfaces too, but I really want CLI.
Of all the project management systems I’ve found, fossil comes closest to satisfying my needs, but still falls short.
5 Solutions collect form web for “Project management with Git integration”
What about Trac or Redmine? They all cover your needs, except “Vim integration”
Maybe one of the Org-mode clones for VIM (e.g. VimOrganizer) is the right tool for you:
- It is designed for task managment
- It uses only text files => git can track everything
- It’s integrated in VIM
- Emacs Org-mode has a powerful note taking system (called capture). I don’t know about the VIM clones. But at least you can write your notes directly into the plain text files.
- There is no real CLI, but maybe VIM is all you want/need?
http://www.springloops.com hands down atm, tested and demo’d pretty much everything over 2 days.
ps. Not an affiliate or anything Im just happy to have found them and this post comes up in Google search
Shameless self promotion warning
- ScratchDocs uses Git to store its data, organized by folders and task files.
- Tasks are stored in org-mode.
- You have the notion of Iterations (think Scrum), Stories (top-level tasks) and Tasks, which are the same as stories but are used to break stories down.
- The whole thing has a cli interface written in Python.
- can be set up via a git hook to generate a through HTML export of the tasks after each push.
- Easily hackable and extendable to do whatever you fancy.
So, if you could use something like VimOrganizer for editing your task files, you’d be all set.
Have you had a look at CodebaseHQ? It’s on online solution, but integrates project management with DVCSs other than Git.