Open-source IDE's with Git support
I’m having trouble finding an open-source IDE with support for Git. Are there any that you could point me to or recommend?
- Can my public github project not be open source?
- Working on 2 features on the fork of an open source project
- Project management to go with GitHub
- Add encrypted variables to travis.yml and push to open source project
- Updating git orphan branch for public release of previously proprietary software
- Using GitHub with another Bug-tracker?
6 Solutions collect form web for “Open-source IDE's with Git support”
There’s an Eclipse plugin in progress.
There’s nbgit for NetBeans in development, but it’s not yet stable.
If you only want a GUI for git, try QGit.
I don’t know if such a thing exists in a stable form yet, but a good place to
start your search is :
I use Vim with vcscommand plugin. Although the plugin supports a host of Version Control Systems, I use it specifically for Git.
Using VCSCommand, you can (almost) accomplish all the major features exposed by git right from within the vim.
VCSVimDiff command is one of the best features of VCSCommand plugin. You can view a colored diff right from inside Vim!
What more Vim and VCSCommand both are open source 🙂
Vim along with NERD_Tree.vim, xml.vim, surround.vim and few other plugins, makes it a complete IDE that works pretty good (at least for me) with git. Search vim.org (or Google!!) for plugins that suits your requirement or taste.
The great Aptana Studio has support (via plugins) for SVN, CVS, and Git (via this plugin). I’m still a noob with Aptana, and I haven’t used Git yet, but it looks promising.