No releases in github when using git flow release
I am using git flow and the release functionality. It is generally working but I am not seeing any tags created for each release. Is that expected? If so, does anyone have a suggestion for the best way to create a git tag for each
git flow release?
- Inline code syntax highlighting in GitHub markdown?
- Couldn't merge origin/master: error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge
- TFS Git - pull requests 'Merge failed'
- Newbie to GIT - deploying from Github to Google Compute Engine / AWS
- Merge two git repos
- how to know if you need to git fetch using terminal
One Solution collect form web for “No releases in github when using git flow release”
When you finish a release, it merges the release branch back into master, and tags the release with its name:
`git flow release finish RELEASE`
If you want to push your tags to a remote master, you’ll need to use:
`git push --tags remote BRANCH`
Related: git-flow cheatsheet