netrc not accepted by git
I have set the %HOME% Variable in my windows.
In that folder I have put a file called _netrc. Inside that file I have that:
- How do I resolve SVN error “E200030: There are unfinished transactions detected in '<CHECKOUT_DIRECTORY>'”?
- TortoiseSVN file overlay performance - are there any ways of improving it?
- Git bash under windows
- Vim fugitive plugin does not recognise git archive on Windows
- Setting the git describe as a shell variable
- Get a list of all commits that is ordered by date (including dangling commits)
machine code.google.com login <logon> password <censored>
But both, MSYS and Tortoise keep asking for that password.
I am using Win7, MSYSGit and TortoiseGIT. Does anyone know why this does not work?
I have found an article on stackoverflow that said it must be named _netrc and not .netrc, but both do not work.
One Solution collect form web for “netrc not accepted by git”
Assuming you did everything that was described in this answer and you set the right location for your
%HOME% (confirm this with an
echo %HOME% and check that in that location there’s a
_netrc file), there must something be wrong in the usage of your repo.
The URL to clone a Google Code repo is
https://user.googlecode.com/svn/trunk (see this Google link for that).
So, you have to do a
git svn clone https://user.googlecode.com/svn/trunk
in order to import your Google repo.