Merge part of a pull request
New Git and Github user. Is it possible to accept/merge only part of a Pull Request?
For example if there is a Pull Request on Github that has 4 commits but you only want to use 2 of them, is there a way to simply merge the 2 and disregard the other 2?
- How to pull request from repo X except for its latest commit?
- Send a pull request on GitHub for only latest commit
- GitHub Etiquette: How to make a received GitHub PR with changed history ff-mergeable?
- Configure github (enterprise) repo to only allow fast forward commits / PR merges?
- Rebasing after a Pull request
- Git pull request branch name in teamcity
One Solution collect form web for “Merge part of a pull request”
No, the pull request is all or nothing.
You can recreate the pull request by making a branch up to only the commits you need and merge that.
You can do this via
git rebase -i