Mercurial and Git custom SSH key location
Exists there any way to define for each cloned repo the path of which SSH key pair it should use?
- GIT: Push to remote from remote server
- Using the same deploy key for multiple github projects
- Android Studio dont work with Git on Windows
- Github - can't connect via ssh from time to time
- ssh agent forwarding not working on ec2
- Can't SSH into my Bitbucket repository - conq: repository access denied
One Solution collect form web for “Mercurial and Git custom SSH key location”
Yes, you need to define a
~/.ssh/config file, in which you can declare different ssh names, with a custom full path name for the public/private key to use.
Host AHostName -- name you will use for the ssh address User gituser Hostname SSH IP address Port 1234 -- use this if you need custom ports IdentityFile "path to your private ssh key"
From there, the ssh url of the repo can be:
- “git + assembla + multiple ssh keys/multiple computers”
- “How to work on personal GitHub repo from office computer whose SSH key is already added to a work related GitHub account?”