List merged and unmerged git branches by time
When I run
git branch I get:
A B C D E F
What I’d like to see is something like this:
- Committing documentation to a git branch (gh-pages)
- revert the git last commit and save it in a different branch
- Create private branch on remote repository in git
- Remove local branches no longer on remote
- Pulling a branch from origin merged it into my local branch and I need to revert that
- Git went back 5 commits and forgot to create a new branch, how to come back?
Merged Unmerged A * F C E D B
* shows the current branch and where the branches are listed in time order (i.e. most recent first).
I’m aware of various git GUIs but I’d just like a simple listing like this.
Is this possible and, if so, how?