Jenkins service unavailable error – 503 – running as different user
I am having a git repository which is restricted to my team and i want to set up jenkins in my system. Since jenkins runs as jenkins user, I am working on running jenkins as me. I followed the steps from http://blog.manula.org/2013/03/running-jenkins-under-different-user-in.html but after this when i start jenkins I am getting Service unavailable error 503.
Its because i changed user in /etc/default/jenkins to my id from jenkins. When i change it back to jenkins it works.
There is no log in /var/log/jenkins/..Has anyone faced this issue before?.
- Managing SSH keys within Jenkins for Git
- Ci : GIT + Jenkins + MSBUILD Build Error
- How to specify custom parameters, using xunit.runner.console
- Jenkins build fails after running Cucumber tests on Java heap space exception
- Jenkins unable to fetch repo - code 255 permission denied
- Unable to access Sonar MySQL database Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'sonar'@'glassfishdev.ccs.local' (using password: YES)
One Solution collect form web for “Jenkins service unavailable error – 503 – running as different user”
I find out the directory owner of
/var/lib/jenkins somehow be changed back to jenkins, just redo
sudo chown YOUR_USER_NAME /var/lib/jenkins
sudo chown YOUR_USER_NAME /var/cache/jenkins
Restart jenkins, it should work.
Also check /var/log/jenkins if the same problem shows there.