Jenkins Git Publisher, multiple repos and Multiple SCM
We have multiple Git repositories, all required for a single build so we have to use MultiSCM to get source.
I’m hooking it up to Git Publisher, to push a tag after each build, and it works nicely on a test against a single repo, but I can’t get it to play nice with MultiSCM. Is it possible?
- How to list all unused jenkins plugins?
- Jenkins git plugin - soooo slow sometimes
- Jenkins - HTML Publisher Plugin - No CSS is displayed when report is viewed in Jenkins Server
- Why do I see a “force promotion” button when using the Jenkins Promoted Builds plugin?
- How to set assembly version to Jenkins build number?
- Where is the Blue Ocean pipeline editor?
2 Solutions collect form web for “Jenkins Git Publisher, multiple repos and Multiple SCM”
The short answer is the plugin doesn’t support multiple repos (yet). It’s much easier to add a final job step that cds into each repo and runs git tag; git push –tags.
I think that you won’t be able to publish tags to multiple Git repositories until this bug is fixed: https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-13779. But don’t hold your breath. Note that the bug is nearly 4 years old already.