is it possible to generate a graph in Visual Studio Online to show coders' contributions?
Question is pretty much explained in the title. Did a project with version control in Visual Studio Online. Can I make a graph that shows one coders’ amount of contributions and/or lines of code versus others? I know I could do so with GitHub, but can’t seem to find it on VSO. This is a low priority question, so no need to break your back over it.
- Remote branch on Visual Studio online doesn't appear on Visual Studio 2015 Team Explorer
- Sync git repo when i have simultaneous incoming and outgoing commits
- Can you add multiple git repositories to a team project in tfs / tfs service?
- Connect to git repo on Visual Studio Online
- Error cloning TFS files to GIT repository
- Migrate source code from git to TFVC
One Solution collect form web for “is it possible to generate a graph in Visual Studio Online to show coders' contributions?”
Yes you can, if it’s OK to use tools outside Visual Studio Online. The Power BI supports VSO and can provide interesting reports about the contributions.
The whole procedure is best described on MSDN. But here’s the main points:
- Select Services – Visual Studio Online – Connect
- Connect to your project
- Power BI will import the data
Also Scott Hanselman’s post about .NET CoreCLR & PowerBI may contain useful information.
Another option is to use offline tools. If your repository’s source control is GIT, you can just checkout the branch and run some analytics over it. For example, you can use TortoiseGit and then select “Show log” – Statistics for a graph like this: