Is it possible to add nested submodules in the root repo in git?
I want to make submodule in my repo:
Root / \--- /A (submodule)
But also I want to nest another submodule, also in root:
- Git Submodules - Updating and Commiting changes
- Git submodule new version update
- Git submodules removing on checkout another branch
- MSBuild exec task never completes when executing git submodule
- How to handle nested Git repositories
- Can I add a username & password to git clone using the --recursive option (for submodules)?
Root / \--- /A (submodule) \-- /A/B (another submodule)
And I can’t add
B as submodule to
A is a third-party repo.
The real-life example.
clang trees: I want to include both repos, but
clang must be checked-out inside
One Solution collect form web for “Is it possible to add nested submodules in the root repo in git?”
No, you would have to:
Bas a submodule of
- make a symlink (even on Windows) from
That symlink remains private, and isn’t added to the (thirdparty) repo