I have run into a Git Snafu
I forked from the wrong repository and made changes that I want to keep on my local machine. (I’ve staged, committed and pushed on this branch as well).
Well I deleted the remote repo and forked the correct one.
- Untrack Files From Git LFS To Allow Me To Push to GitHub Server
- Using GitHub personal SSH key does not work for oganization repo
- Reverting a pull request completely
- Github Permission denied pubkey when it used to work fine
- Github overwrite old project
- Cannot do push / pull in git - working with visual studio
I need to know how I can push the changed on my local machine to this new forked repo.
One Solution collect form web for “I have run into a Git Snafu”
Open a new tracking branch for the remote branch on the forked repo you originally wanted to work on.
git cherry-pick, to cherry-pick each one of your commits, individually, from the branch they were made on, into your correct branch.