How to use BeyondCompare from git mergetool in cygwin?
- Configure a merge tool for GitKraken on Windows10
- View full file diff of `x` commits of a single file's history (that's hosted in git)
- Git: Confusion about merge algorithm, conflict format, and interplay with mergetools
- Git & WinMerge (msysgit)
- console UI tool for resolving merge conflicts in git… like vimdiff but 'easier'
- Enable edit mode in 3-way diff using sublimerge
2 Solutions collect form web for “How to use BeyondCompare from git mergetool in cygwin?”
Here’s a simple answer.
#! /bin/sh LOCAL=`cygpath -wa $1` REMOTE=`cygpath -wa $2` BASE=`cygpath -wa $3` MERGED=`cygpath -wa $4` /cygdrive/c/BeyondCompare3/BComp.exe $LOCAL $THEIRS $BASE $MERGED
Or as in your git config.
[mergetool "mergetool"] cmd = /cygdrive/c/BeyondCompare3/BComp.exe `cygpath -wa "$LOCAL"` `cygpath -wa "$REMOTE"` `cygpath -wa "$BASE"` `cygpath -wa "$MERGED"`
I use cygpath (which comes with cygwin) to convert the paths. The
-w flag converts from cygwin format (starting with /cygdrive/c) to windows format (starting with c:). The
-a flag uses absolute filenames.
Note: I don’t have a Pro BeyondCompare license, so I can’t test merge properly, but it is correctly opening the first two files.
I’ve found some scripts to convert cygwin paths (robustly, it seems) and launch BC3: