How to start tracking directories/files again which were removed from git index?
Using below command i removed few directories from git index:
git rm -r --cached <your directory>
Now how can i add those untracked directories to git index again?
- Who touched my git assume-unchanged bit?
- Ignore changes to a tracked file without making it impossible to `git add` the file
- Why isn't it sufficient to just stage work-in-progress before switching branches? Why must I also commit?
- Is the Git staging area just an index?
- What is the difference between the working directory and the git Index?
- Why is the git index file binary?
One Solution collect form web for “How to start tracking directories/files again which were removed from git index?”
Just add them again to your index using
git add <your directory>
Note that this will add all files, and not only those that were removed with your previous command. There is no way to only undo your command.