How to specify overlapping rules in git-svn
I need to fetch revisions from SVN into GIT.
I have two types of branches under SVN:
- Standard branches located in /branches folder under SVN
- Some specific branches located under /branches/devs/ folders
To fetch both types of branches i have specified the following configuration in svn-remote section:
- Git-svn operation philosophy?
- git svn take long time
- git-svn, how to use a directory in trunk as local trunk
- Local git repository - are SSH keys needed?
- Can I recover lost commits in a SVN repository using a local tracking git-svn branch?
- When cloning an svn repository into git, should I clone only trunk, or the entire repo?
[svn-remote "svn"] url = https://somecompany.com/product fetch = trunk:refs/remotes/trunk fetch = tools:refs/remotes/root/tools branches = branches/*:refs/remotes/* branches = branches/devs/*/*:refs/remotes/devs/*/* tags = tags/*:refs/remotes/tags/*
Unfortunately, for the second type of branches fetch is executed twice.
Once treating devs as an ordinary branch and second time in a right way: working with individual branches of developers.
So far, I manually comment either first or second “branches” and specify what revisions to fetch based on what branches were affected by commits.
Could anybody suggest a way to automate (fix) the above somehow?
One Solution collect form web for “How to specify overlapping rules in git-svn”
You should put the more specific one first because some of the code (including
git-svn branch) searches them in order. The problem you’re hitting is that internally
fetch_all just combines them all. There’s no way to write this at the moment that would avoid the double fetch.