How to rebase off master with github client?
I’m used to a workflow on the command line that doesn’t seem to be able to translate to the GitHub client GUI.
I branch off master, do some work, other people do work, other people merge their work, I git pull my master branch, I rebase my branch off new master, then I PR and merge my branch.
- git: Unable to Clone Private Repositories, Error: Repositories not found
- How to turn a git branch into fork?
- How can I know for which branch a changeset was made at github?
- Promote Git branch to master
- Git: Pull from other branch
- what is the best practice of distributing binaries from a github project?
I just am not seeing how I can rebase off an updated master with GitHub GUI? I REALLY like to keep all my commits for a particular PR and branch grouped together for a log that looks like:
merge my stuff my commit 3 my commit 2 my commit 1 merge dev-a's stuff dev-a commit 3 dev-a commit 2 dev-a commit 1 ...
One Solution collect form web for “How to rebase off master with github client?”
As of now, it is not possible to do anything more than some of the basic git command in Github GUI. A much better alternative would be to use SourceTree which supports some advanced level of git commands via the GUI