how to make windows remember my passphrase key?
I want my git remember the passphrase for me. How should I possibly do that on windows 7?
I’ve already read the help page here http://help.github.com/ssh-key-passphrases/. It seems only available for Mac / Linux.
- Git bash can't access home directory on fresh machine
- How to remove an accidentally put large file (4GB) from Subversion repository?
- Setup a Git server with msysgit on Windows
- Git (GitHub) commit at past date
- Git is failing to Stage, or commit with SourceTree in a Windows network environment
- Unable to load the Rcpp Package in Windows Server 2008
Thanks for helping.
2 Solutions collect form web for “how to make windows remember my passphrase key?”
I believe if you use msysgit then you can install (or maybe it comes already installed) openssh.
With openssh you can use the command line program
ssh-add to add you key once and remember it:
One of these questions surely contains valid answers:
How to push with git to github on Windows?
How do I store a password for my key so I can commit and pull from repository when using git on windows?
Or you could use putty like they do in this answer