How to load / open / suck an repository from GitHub into GitX?
For me all this Git stuff looks like I have a client and connect to a server in order to get some data from some repository. Like FTP, well not really. But similar.
- BrotherBard's GitX won't load a certain repo
- Undo moved branch in GitX
- Side by Side Diff of multiple files from GIT
- git branch, fork, fetch, merge, rebase and clone, what are the differences?
- Git: branch has lost its history?
- Quick guide to get started using Git + GitX with Xcode projects on the mac?
Just one problem: Where to enter that URL? Is there some field for that? Some hidden command? I did manage to create a new project / repository on my mac, but now I have an empty window and no option to suck down that code from GitHub.
One Solution collect form web for “How to load / open / suck an repository from GitHub into GitX?”
What you’re looking for is the
git clone operation. It creates a local copy of (clones) a specified repository.
The very most basic form of its syntax is as follows:
git clone git://path.to/repository/with/project.git somelocalname
which will clone the remote repo located at
git://path.to/repository/with/project.git into a local repository in the folder