How to find svn project author after migrate the project from svn to git?
There are some
tar.gz file in a project migrated from
git, and i should check
who and when this
added. For there are some of them were added
after the project migrated from
git, and i can easy to check author and data by using
git log *.tar.gz. But some added
before the project migrated and when i use
git log .tar.gz, the
date was who pushed this project to git rather than real author. Are there any way i can check the real author of this files?
- How can I mark a group of changes/changesets in SVN, Hg, or Git
- Maven: Commit single artifact to svn repository
- sourcecontrol - pulling in only specific revisions
- I cannot commit changes after merge in SVN
- maintaining configuration differences between dev and live environments during deployment from SVN
- Do version control systems use diffs to store binary files?
One Solution collect form web for “How to find svn project author after migrate the project from svn to git?”
If the project was migrated in one operation (git init, add the content of the svn repo), without migrating each svn revision, then no, you cannot see who added those tar.gz, and when.
If the project was migrated with svn2git (promoted here by Vampire), then you should see the log with the same
git log command.