How to download the project using the git-svn-id?
The question might seem too simple or might be irrelevant here. But i need some help immediately.
I got the git-sv-id of the library required in this link
- Pull in Individual File/Directories from External Repositories of Different Structure while Retaining Git History
- Describe your workflow of using version control (VCS or DVCS)
- How do I start with working Sub-Version + Delphi?
- How to set username/password to connect to Subversion repository in AnkhSVN in Visual Studio?
- subversion merge - “has different repository root than”
- Grails - No SCM provider installed
I need the files of that project. Anyone with some basic info kindly help.
2 Solutions collect form web for “How to download the project using the git-svn-id?”
That is actually a git clone so you should follow the instructions as given on http://code.google.com/p/vncj/source/checkout. The git-svn-id references that you see in the commit messages suggest that the git repo itself is initialized from a svn repo, and correspond to each of the commits in that svn repo.
The svn repository is located at the following URL: https://vncj.googlecode.com/svn – the following command should get you the latest trunk revision of that repository:
svn checkout https://vncj.googlecode.com/svn/trunk vncj-trunk