How to delete one folder / directory using BFG repo cleaner?
How do I delete only one directory using BFG?
The help says:
- How to split every commit by file?
- git proper way to fix topic after branch merge
- Moving files and commit history from one git branch to another without changing the SHA
- how to abandon commits of certain characteristic when using git?
- Undelete specific empty commits after rewriting history with prune-empty
- Reformat entire codebase with git rewrite
delete folders with the specified names (eg '.svn', '*-tmp' - matches on folder name, not path within repo)
Which seems to mean that
--delete-folders "config" will match all folders named config, anywhere in the repository.
One Solution collect form web for “How to delete one folder / directory using BFG repo cleaner?”
I found the answer here: remove files from specific path
The author of BFG says it can’t be done, unless you use a special command to dump all blobs for a given directory to a text file, and then use –strip-blobs-with-ids and provide that text file.
This doesn’t work for me. I run the command:
git log --format=%H -- cms/assets/ | xargs -IcommitId git rev-parse commitId:cms/assets/
I get a list of 8 blob ids. I put those in text file, then I exec
bfg -bi ~/tmp/blob-ids, and BFG exits saying:
BFG aborting: No refs to update - no dirty commits found??