How to create patch between two tags with multiple commits between them?
- Maintain my patches in git repo
- Does the current path matter for some git operations?
- Who gets credit for a hand-edited patch file?
- Git: How to create patches for a merge?
- Create a Patch file excluding some files
- Git: How can I find a commit that most closely matches a directory?
2 Solutions collect form web for “How to create patch between two tags with multiple commits between them?”
You can create a single diff (patch) between two tags using the following
$ git diff tag1 tag2 -- > the-patch.diff
tag2 to the tags you want.
You can create a single patch for multiple commits by using the
--stdout option and directing the output to a file:
git checkout tag2 git format-patch tag1 --stdout > patch1to2.patch