how to compare github pull request history using winmerge or other external toola?
Though I like the in-built browser based comparison tool of github to compare pull request differences, i would like to use winmerge or any other external tool to compare differences between a pull request of another fork and master. how can i do it without adding the fork as a remote in my local repo
- detect white space difference between two files
- Setting WinMerge as Diff/merge tool in Visual Studio 2015
- How to get winmerge to show diff for new file in git?
- Git & WinMerge (msysgit)
- How can I make WinMerge my git mergetool?
- use Winmerge inside of Git to file diff
One Solution collect form web for “how to compare github pull request history using winmerge or other external toola?”
git operations are all locally, so you can’t do the
diff without adding it as a
Just add it as a
fetch it, and then use
git difftool to get the diff. If you don’t need the remote after that, just
git remote rm it and you’re done!