How to change a local repository name on GitHub for Windows
I’m currently using GitHub for Windows to track a few local repositories. However, I’m having a slight problem: whenever I drag and drop a folder I want to track into the UI, the repo automatically takes the name of the folder.
E.g. the following repo is based on a folder called “v2”:
- git command could not be found and could not find ssh-agent
- Author changed after pull request is manually merged
- Sometimes git tells me EVERY file is new and unstaged?
- Is it possible to force Github Desktop to show repo cloned from command line?
- git sync with rebase showing other people's files as modified locally
- git does not recognize exe file
How can I change the repo name to better reflect the project name, without modifying the target folder?
Thanks a ton!
One Solution collect form web for “How to change a local repository name on GitHub for Windows”
you can write repo name in