How to achieve 'pre-checkout' hook in Git/bitbucket?
- There is no practical use. I do have a case
- It can be achieved by any other means. Please tell me how?
- Its too difficult to implement. I don’t think this is a valid reason
Here my problem is:
- Elastic Beanstack - Rails - git deploy and deploy hooks
- How can I prevent Subversion commits without comments?
- git hook for legit commit message (#123 good message)
- Gitolite post-receive hook not executable anymore after each gitolite-admin push
- How can I make it so git rejects pushing code that won't compile?
- is it possible to configure tortoise git master only hook?
I have implemented the
post-checkout hooks for maintaining the database backup different for each branch.
Scenario: Now when I commit the backup of database is saved in a file using
pre-commit hook. And when I checkout the the branch or merge occurs the database stored in file is restored using
post-checkout hooks. Now the situation is if someone make changes in database after commit and checkout, the changes are lost, as database was not backed-up. The checkout succeeded as there is no change in file structure.
So in this case I want a
pre-checkout hook to handle the task of backing up database in above scenario.
3 Solutions collect form web for “How to achieve 'pre-checkout' hook in Git/bitbucket?”
I got the reason why it was not implemented. In my situation I do backup the database and store it in a file, which will fail the check-out every-time. So this will be impractical to implement this functionality.
You could write a script that does your backup then checkout. Then create a shell alias so it runs that script instead when you type
Pre-checkout use case: delete un-versioned local files generated by
gulp watch:css task so they are overwritten after checkout and rebuilt by gulp.
Instead, I’m just going to write a shell script that gets the repo root and then deletes any of a list of gulp-generated files found.