How do I force fetching of tags if I have the –no-tags option set
Whenever I run
git fetch it fetches all the tags from origin. In a project with lots of tags, this can get quite bothersome. So I ran
git config remote.origin.tagopt --no-tags so fetching will no-longer fetch tags.
However, there are some times when I do want to fetch tags, or a single tag. Does anyone know how to do this? (besides removing that configuration, and running
git fetch --no-tags every time)
- How can I daisy chain git repositories in a sneaker-net environment
- Retrieve specific commit from a remote Git repository
- How do I force “git pull” to overwrite local files?
- Understanding .git/config's 'remote' and 'branch' sections
- The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by merge, but I don't care
- Why is there a delay between a pull request and the possibility to fetch it (in stash)?
One Solution collect form web for “How do I force fetching of tags if I have the –no-tags option set”
To fetch a single tag, you can use
git fetch <remote-name> tag <tag-name>.