How do I access my Git tags on Heroku?
I’m running a Python app on Heroku using Gunicorn. I want to display the output of
$ git describe for versioning. It seems that none of my Git tags have been pushed to Heroku from my Travis CI deployment.
How do I:
- Travis environmental variable to check pull request label?
- Different configs in each git branch
- Travis CI Triggering Multiple Builds on Push
- How can a commit in git submodule trigger a build in continuous integration？
- git, devscripts, debhelper on Travis CI
- What is the current workflow to debug Travis builds locally?
- (a) push all my Git tags to Heroku from Travis
- (b) fetch all tags from a remote Git repo on Heroku
For (a), I have tried running
$ git push --tags --force <...> on Travis, but Travis’
before_deploy clause doesn’t have access to Heroku credentials.
For (b), I have tried running
$ git fetch --tags --prune on Heroku but get:
fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /app)